John Keells HIV & AIDS Awareness Campaign
Combating the spread of HIV & AIDS to ensure that its status in Sri Lanka remains ‘low prevalent’. The John Keells HIV & AIDS Awareness Campaign focuses on prevention through education and access to correct information. While education of employees, communities associated with the Group as well as the general public is undertaken to create awareness and prevent the spread of HIV & AIDS, discrimination and stigma associated with HIV & AIDS is also addressed through this programme.
A wide scope targeting employees of the John Keells Group, the communities around its business locations, other corporate entities, most at-risk persons (MARPs) and the general public.
- As at 30th June 2017 , the cumulative total of persons educated under the Campaign since its launch in 2005 is 117,562 persons across Sri Lanka - the highest number of persons educated on HIV and AIDS by a private entity in Sri Lanka.
- JKH was the principal Sri Lankan corporate sponsor of the 8th ICAAP (International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific) held in Colombo in August 2007.
- In 2010 John Keells Group became the first private sector conglomerate in Sri Lanka to adopt the HIV & AIDS Workplace Policy across all Group companies in Sri Lanka.
- The John Keells HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign received a fillip when it was highlighted in the 'Best Practices by Private Sector in Disease Prevention and Management – South West Asia Region' - a report compiled by the Confederation of Indian Industry and Friends of the Fund South and West Asia (FoSWA) and launched in New Delhi at the Conference on Public Health issues in South West Asia on 11th March 2010.
- JKH has been a member of the Board of the Lanka Business Coalition on HIV & AIDS since its inception and holds its Chairmanship at present (2015).
- John Keells Foundation was awarded the SLT Zero One Digital Excellence Award under the Health […]Read More
- As per the request of Major General Ajith Kariyakkarawana Commander of Security Force Headquarters in […]Read More
- Each year, John Keells commemorates World AIDS Day towards creating solidarity amongst our group employees […]Read More
- John Keells HIV & AIDS Awareness campaign is conducted entirely by our employees who have […]Read More
- TweetRead More
- Following a request from the Crystal Martin Head Quarters, HIV and AIDS awareness sessions were […]Read More
- John Keells Foundation will be conducting HIV and AIDS awareness sessions for the National Cadet […]Read More